When I brought this salad to my parents house, everyone loved it! This is definitely going into the regular rotation all summer long. Think: homegrown cucumbers and tomatoes :).
This salad is loaded with veggies; juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumber, creamy avocado and the cilantro and lemon juice make the whole salad so fresh and flavorful!
Avocado Salad Video Tutorial:
Watch how to make this delicious cucumber, avocado and tomato salad here.
My husband and I ate this entire batch of cucumber tomato salad with avocado in one sitting, paired with roasted red potatoes and grilled shrimp skewers. I shoveled most of the salad into my mouth before I remembered the shrimp and potatoes on my plate; mmming and smiling all the way through. We were both smitten.
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (from 1 medium lemon)
- 1/4 cup 1/2 bunch cilantro*, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
*Note: if you aren't keen on cilantro, fresh dill is a good substitute
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.