With more than 2 million downloads since Pocket’s debut, we’re committed to making your experience even better
It’s been an incredible few weeks for Pocket: Apple named us iPad App of the Week, we topped the charts as the No. 1 free news app across iOS, Android and Amazon, and Pocket has been downloaded more than 2 million times since its debut.
All of that has catapulted Pocket to a user base that’s now more than 5 million. Thank you to everyone for your continued support.
We’ve been working hard to continue improving the Pocket experience, and today we’re introducing Pocket 4.1, with new features that make the best reading and viewing experience even better.
Here’s what’s new in Pocket 4.1:
Article View updates:
- Page Flipping mode: In addition to Pocket’s default scrolling option, you can now swipe left or right inside an article to enable Page Flipping and read one page at a time.
- Improved Dark theme and an all-new Sepia theme: We’ve made improvements to the Dark theme, and we’ve also added Sepia. With refined contrast and readability, these options make reading even more comfortable.
- Increased maximum font size: For those who prefer larger print, we’ve expanded Pocket’s font-size options so you can find the perfect fit for reading.
- Dark theme now runs throughout the app: Use Pocket comfortably at night, whether you’re in the Article View or browsing through your saved content.
- Add URLs from your clipboard: We’re making it even easier to save something for later: Pocket now automatically detects URLs that are copied to the clipboard so they can be added directly to Pocket.
- Support for additional video sites: Pocket’s in-app video streaming now supports popular sites including TED, Devour and Khan Academy.
- Fixed a case where items in the list would become untappable.
- Fixed a case where only part of a user’s list would load.
- Fixed a number of crashes at start-up and during usage.
Download it now for iPhone and iPad.
We’re excited to keep pushing ahead, making sure we deliver the best experience possible. Thank you again for your feedback and your support. As always, you can go to help.getpocket.com for questions and recommendations.