By now you’ve decorated your dorm room, picked your classes, bought or rented your textbooks, and settled into a good routine. As you gear up to ace the fall semester, here are a few ways that Pocket can make you even smarter and more productive.
1. Start off Strong. Whether you’re browsing online or scrolling through your favorite apps, Pocket lets you quickly save all the articles, videos, and web pages you’d like to view later. Pocket works on your phone, tablet, and laptop, so you have easy access to everything you’ve saved anywhere on campus. You can even read articles offline, making Pocket indispensable for anytime you find yourself without Wi-Fi.
2. Do Your Homework. Pocket can help you gather and organize information on just about anything. Whether you’re studying calculus or cell biology, Civil War history or Cubist painting, Pocket can be your storehouse for study guides, photos, tutorials, how-to videos, and background research. With a personalized library at your disposal 24/7, and tags to organize everything by subject or source, you’re sure to rock those term papers.
3. Add Notes. You can easily share anything you save to Pocket to your Evernote account. Create a notebook for every class where you can keep your research, relevant Pocket articles, class notes, and citation info, all in one place.
4. Stay Focused. We’re all prone to distraction — which can sometimes strike at the busiest points in the semester, or (shhh!) sometimes even in class. Pocket makes for a killer way to combat procrastination, because you can safely store interesting links away, knowing they’ll be there for you to come back to whenever you have the time. Say goodbye to all those open tabs and emailed links.
5. Share Your Smarts. Found an awesome article on Roman aqueducts, or a great list of tips on how to interview for summer internships? All it takes is a couple of taps to share these useful resources with your friends and classmates using Pocket’s Send to Friend feature. Add a note or comment to your message, or include a relevant quote from the article itself. When all your friends use Pocket, knowledge gets shared and everyone becomes smarter together.
6. Listen Up. Eyes and fingers sore from too much skimming and typing? With Pocket’s Text-To-Speech feature for Android, you can have your saved items read out loud to you. Make the most of campus shuttle rides with the “Listen” option in any article in Pocket.
7. Unwind, Rewind. It might seem like all you do all day is read, read, read. Give yourself a break! When you need some time off from studying, kick back and catch up on all the cool videos you saved to Pocket
8. Go Premium. Get the most out of the content you’ve saved by upgrading to Pocket Premium. With Premium you have access to powerful search, smarter tagging, and permanent backups of all your saved content.
Fall Semester has never looked so promising.
If you’ve been using Pocket as a student, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org and you could be featured in a “What’s In My Pocket” interview.